By the end of this program, the participant should be equipped to:
- Learning Objective 1: Understand the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes from prior rules.
- Learning Objective 2: Describe CFP Board’s Fiduciary Duty.
- Learning Objective 3: Identify Material Conflicts of Interest and How to Avoid, or Fully Disclose, Obtain Informed Consent, and Manage Them.
- Learning Objective 4: Understand the Duty to Report to CFP Board and the Duty to Cooperate.
- Learning Objective 5: Identify the Practice Standards When Providing Financial Advice that Requires Financial Planning or Financial Planning.
- Learning Objective 6: Understand the Duty to Provide Information to Clients When Providing Financial Planning and/or Financial Advice.
This program fulfills the requirement for CFP Board approved Ethics CE. This program is designed to educate CFP® professionals on CFP Board's new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct.
- Level of Complexity: Intermediate
- Time to complete: 3 months
- CE Hours: 2